drainage is a holistic approach to promoting a healthy lymphatic system.
The lymphatic system is a complex network of vessels and ducts that
move fluid throughout the body and is responsible for moving toxins
away from healthy cells and carrying germ-fighting materials to cells
when they are under attack by viruses. Though fluid moves through the
lymphatic system, it does not have its own pumping mechanism. Lymphatic
drainage is a type of therapy that is intended to help the body produce
a free-flowing lymphatic system.
Lymphatic drainage therapy consists of a manual massage, performed by
a lymphatic drainage therapist. A lymphatic drainage massage primarily
focuses on specific lymph nodes and points of the body, as well as the
natural flow of the lymphatic system. Proponents of lymphatic drainage
believe that the process will reduce blockages of the lymphatic system,
which in turn promotes a healthier body.
Lymph Drainage Therapy (LDT) is an original hands-on method of lymph
drainage developed by French physician Bruno Chikly. It offers a highly
efficient approach to working with the lymphatic and other fluid systems.
Techniques are performed with hands and fingers simulating gentle, wave-like
movements. These subtle manual maneuvers activate lymph and interstitial
fluid circulation as well as stimulate the functioning of the immune
and parasympathetic nervous systems. When these actions
are accomplished, the results can be:
• Reduction in edemas (swelling) and lymphedemas of various origins.
• Detoxification of the body.
• Relief of numerous chronic and subacute inflammations, including
bronchitis and otitis.
• Relief of chronic pain.
• Regeneration of tissue, including burns, wounds, stretch marks
• Stimulation of the immune system.
• Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome
• Antispastic actions to relieve conditions such as muscle
hypertonus and some
forms of constipation.
• Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, stress, loss of vitality and
loss of memory.
• Anti-aging effects.
• Alleviation of adiposis and cellulite tissue.
Healing Centre, 222 Waukegan Rd, Glenview IL 60025 847.657.1600